Our mouths are our letter of introduction: when we smile we communicate many things and this is why it is important to smile comfortably without any complexes. Bright, white and well-aligned teeth give us the confidence to smile warmly and sincerely.
Cosmetic problems can arise from the following:
- Absence of teeth
- Dental malposition
- Dark-coloured teeth
- Irregularly-shaped teeth
- Altered teeth size
- Black spaces between teeth
- A large number of bare roots
- Teeth with cavities
- Ill-fitting restorations
Tooth whitening is a conservative aesthetic treatment which is relatively simple and quick.
- Outpatient dental whitening: for this treatment, special measures must be taken on the basis of each patient’s mouth, making personalised splints for both upper and lower teeth.
- Dental staining due to tetracyclines: although the effect of tetracyclines is irreversible, it is possible to lighten the darkened tooth by several shades.
- Bleaching of non-vital/internal teeth: this is suitable for darkened teeth that have suffered trauma or are endodontic/devitalized.
Composite veneers are indicated in cases where the teeth have irregular shapes, changes in size, and there are black spaces between teeth.
The treatment consists of sticking a material similar in colour on to the tooth to achieve the right morphology. This does not require any sculpting. No anaesthetic is necessary since this is a completely painless and reversible procedure that will enable us to make any changes over time. In this way, we succeed in giving the teeth the shape and size we want, simply and unaggressively.
Porcelain veneers consist of thin sheets of porcelain made to measure in the laboratory, which are cemented over the teeth to give them the size, shape and colour desired. Several visits are needed, as the thickness of the tooth is first slightly filed down; measurements are then taken and sent to the dental technician to then cement the veneer over the tooth surface. Unlike the case of composite veneers, this process is irreversible.
Última actualización hace