An international solidarity project
During November, 2017, the volunteers who collaborate with the foundation travelled to Zimbabwe to take part again in a new healthcampaign.
The team composed by doctors and opticians has worked on the field together with other volunteers of the foundation for a week and a half in November, and they have visited different populations, achieving spectacular numbers for our project:
- 3.995 attended patients. We have lready overcome 14.000 treated patients if we sum up all the campaigns carried out before.
- 6.759 dental and optical treatments. More than 28.000 dental treatments carried out in total during these years.
- 17 volunteer doctors.
- 2.166 optical checks.
- 3.500 glasses distributed.
- 111.000€ budget.
- 6 optometrists, the team has tripled!
- 17 assistants.
- 7 local medical professionals: 2 dentists, 1 ophthalmologisty and 4 nurses.
This is the seventh campaign on the field since this project was born in 2011.
Special mention for the companies that collaborate with supplies as Inibsa Dental or the company Imvelo Safari Lodges, which make possible the logictic management, relocating the doctorsinto the different towns and hoffering them housing, as well as organizing the assembly of the clinical camps and providin all the material needed to attend the patients.