Since last January, our centre has had a Semi-Automatic External Defibrillator (SED) available. This modern equipment is used to save lives in extreme cases when a cardiac arrest occurs.

Sudden cardiac arrest occurs when the heart is no longer able to pump blood to the brain and the rest of the body. It usually occurs when the electrical impulses in the affected heart become rapid (ventricular tachycardia) or chaotic (ventricular fibrillation) or both. In most cases, there are no symptoms and no warning sign are observed.

When someone suffers sudden cardiac arrest, it is essential to use an SED and proceed immediately to resuscitation to have any chance of saving their life. Studies so far show that if defibrillation is applied in time, within the first minute, there is a 90% likelihood that the patient’s life can be saved. After this time, the survival rate drops 7-10% with every passing minute.

With this new device the Ortiz-Vigón clinic has become a European benchmark in quality care for their patients, as one of the first European dental clinics to equip their facilities with an AED.

[easy-social-share buttons=”facebook,twitter,print,mail” style=”icon”]
[stm_sidebar sidebar=”812″]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

¡Tú solución en un click!

¿Tienes preguntas? Deja tus datos y nos pondremos en contacto contigo.

Open chat
¿Cómo te ayudamos?
Scan the code
Bienvenid@ a clínica Ortiz-Vigón,
¿Cómo puedo ayudarte?